"I stand before you naked"

ken garner ken_garner@...
Thu Oct 2 23:48:39 CEST 2008

Yes, I can hold out no longer against your torrent of requests: here's Peel's second lunchtime
show sitting in for Jakki Brambles in April 93. Perhaps not quite as memorable for witty links
as the day before, but once again a terrific show which gets off to a strong start and is
notable for the high preponderance of reggae dancehall and ragga tunes of the time.
Remember Apache Indian? It's nice to hear Brian Deacon reading the news again (5 years on
from my 1988 show!). But my, how dated and cheesy the Radio 1 jingles and trails sound,
even in 93. Only one unspeakable record, and it's the one I conveniently fade at the end of
the first side of the first C90. Enjoy.

Peel is Brambles #2, 1993-04-06a 12.45-1.30pm.mp3
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z0OM0O7J
Peel is Brambles #2, 1993-04-06b 1.30-2.15pm.mp3
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TL4QF1NU
Peel is Brambles #2, 1993-04-06c 2.15-3pm.mp3
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I1C8HGQQ