prog

Stuart Mchugh stuart@...
Thu Oct 2 14:56:12 CEST 2008

> , "thebarguest" <thebarguest@...> wrote:
>>
>> Surely u mean Frankie Goes To Hollywood - there are no remixes of
>> Yes(or any other prog-rock band) songs to my knowledge !!

you mean generally? I'm sure there must be some acid house Pink Floyd
remixes somewhere...
but Atomic Soul Experiences - a Japanese 'producer' called Kyoshi,
surname beyond by spelling - did a version of Hocus Pocus -
originally by Dutch progsters Focus, of course. Was fairly mental, in
keeping with the original I suppose (yodeling and flute obligatory).
I think John played some stuff by A.S.S., as they weren't known,
though not this particular tune (despite my prompting!)

>> I just "won" a 7" copy of "I'm Not Drinking Anymore" by Al
>> Ferrier, on

I wasn't aware of this - I get the feeling it's from a loooong time
ago? Just that a drummer out of Chou Pahrot (Glasgwegian prog-punks)
was called Al Ferrier. Probably not the same one, but you never know.