another wiki question

RobF robfleay@...
Thu Oct 2 11:08:44 CEST 2008

Is there anyway of paying for wiki space that will get rid of the plethora of adverts? I can just about deal with the banners but I just tried to look at a page and there was one of those annoying hovering ads for Qatar Airways obscuring the page. Normally they have a teeny tiny close button hidden away in the corner, but on this one I couldn't see one and therefore couldn't make it go away!

Just strikes me that we could probably club together and get some web space for hosting the rips and host our own wiki engine if there was demand for it? I don't suppose there is any kind of export option for our pages on wikia? would it be a case of rebuilding from scratch if we did that?