Question about track 20 in 1996 and 1997 Festive 50

Alex Romanelli alexrom1@...
Wed Oct 1 08:42:44 CEST 2008

Hi, I'm new to the group so I'm just going to dive right in.

In a burst of nostalgia for my halcyon listening days of 88-97, I've
been tracking down the Festive 50s. Piratebay has a bunch of torrents
as I'm sure you're aware, but some of the torrents are corrupted so
I've been compiling my own mp3s.

However, one thing I can't clear up is that on both the BBC site and
rocklist, Stereolab's "Fluorescenes" is no.20 in both 1996 and 1997.
Since it came out as a single in 1996, and its not included on their
BBC sessions album I'm inclined to think 1997 is an error, but then
what was at no.20 that year?

I'm already thinking of all sorts of other non-50 Peel questions, but
I'll save them for next time.

Cheers,

Alex