[peel] Re: 'The DK Box': 53 Shows from 2000

David King davidnpaula@...
Fri Nov 28 19:34:23 CET 2008

Just in case you're wondering - the '53 shows' have still to make their way to Gary and www.30242b.net.  They're ready to go but I've not yet been able to photocopy the playlists (that I have for about 2/3 of them), and I thought most people would find these valuable.  Real work keeps getting in the way I'm afraid.  They should be sent next week.

(I doubt anyone's really fretting over this, but I do feel a little responsible having advertised their existence in the first place.)

DK

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: lorcan58
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, November 28, 2008 5:27 PM
  Subject: [peel] Re: 'The DK Box': 53 Shows from 2000

  Robert,

  I've checked my playlists and tantalisingly I think you may have just
  missed out. Calexico played live at Peel Acres on Thursday 30th March
  2000, and since the Gillbert track was interrupted by the triggering
  of the emergency tape he played that track again on Thursday 13th
  April.

  Unfortunately DK seems to have stopped recording on 29th March, so it
  looks like you're out of luck for now.

  Lorcan

  --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Robert Ward <r0bertward@...> wrote:

  > yikes,  it's entirely possible that the Peel Acres Calexico session
  is in this bunch

  > I am rather excited and scared (that it probably isn't) - "Gilbert"
  from this session is quite remarkable (my monocle dropped from my
  startled eye for the first time since Unity Mitford announced her
  engagement to the Bishop of Bryceland)

  > As an afterthoughtfortheday, the gatefold double vinyl of Joanna
  Newsom's "Ys" arrived chez robert via Royal Mail today (still shrink-
  wrapped after 14 hours - what am I playing at?!) and I can't help
  thinking that John missed a trick by dying before this harpee had
  done the odd session or twelve, the flamin' idiot.

  > Fingers and testicles crossed for the manifestation of Calexico
  and "Gilbert" in particular and for some charming chat from parker-
  ravenscroft in excelsis