[peel] Your Weekend Homework Starts Here

Dr Mango dr_mango2004@...
Sun Nov 23 18:46:52 CET 2008

Hi Ken.

The Television Personalities session is the one they did in Feb 1986 for Andy Kershaw. Details are in your "In Session Tonight" book!

Dr M.

--- On Fri, 21/11/08, ken garner <ken_garner@...> wrote:
From: ken garner <ken_garner@...>
Subject: [peel] Your Weekend Homework Starts Here
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, 21 November, 2008, 9:38 PM

            I have just uploaded as a file to the peel group site an excel spreadsheet Hannah at R1 has

sent me which she's been working on for some time. It's a complete list of all the sound

recording sessions they have in the digitised R1 archive as audio files, but for which they

have no other information at all: no broadcast date, show, recording date, lineup, nothing,

not even in the R1 computer or on a frayed old session sheet. I have a strong suspicion there

are several of you out there who will be able to date and place some of these for her - she is

OK with me sharing the file and looks forward to our help. I am fairly confident most of these

will not be missing Peels, but instead mostly the evening show (various presenters, 79-88),

Kershaw, and various rock shows. I've been able to answer the very first one, because a

member of 1000 Mexicans wrote to me after IST came out pointing out details of his band's

omission! Can I suggest if you can fill anything in, you download the file, edit and paste up

again as new file, then tell us all the update is there under your name now, and so on. Happy

checking...

PS> The Martha and the Muffins session mentioned the other day is in the archive, but has

no information attached to it either!