[OT] Billy Bragg, Treorchy

bty997881 roger.carruthers@...
Sun Nov 23 17:47:16 CET 2008

Thanks to a heads-up from Andrew Thezmore, I saw Billy Bragg at the
Parc and Dare in Treorchy last night, and what a cracking gig it was too.
As is my habit, I made a recording, which I've uploaded at:
[url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/0zs5zd[/url]
[url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/n4lvng[/url]

1hr.48 total, 256kbs mp3

The Parc & Dare is one of those wonderful old Working Men's Clubs that
you get in the Welsh valleys with a proper theatre, which is perfect
for the likes of BB and his support, a guy called Otis Gibbs - sadly I
didn't get a recording of his set, though he does join Billy for a
song that they cooked up during the sound-check.
 The venue was probably less than half full, but it was a great
atmosphere and the acoustics were pretty sweet too. I was still
fiddling with the mics during the first number, ('To have and to have
not',which he often seems to open with) so I've not included that one,
but all the rest is there - as usual, there's a lot of banter between
songs.
 Anyway, he promised to do a Miners Strike anniversary tour of the
Valleys next year, and as I get the impression there are few of us on
the list who live in Wales, and we will no doubt also be celebrating
beating the All Blacks this time next year, let's make a date of it!
 Thanks again to Andrew for alerting me to a fine night out,
cheers
Roger