[peel] Your Weekend Homework Starts Here

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Sat Nov 22 17:04:13 CET 2008

At 21:38 21/11/2008, you wrote:

>I have just uploaded as a file to the peel group site an excel
>spreadsheet Hannah at R1 has
>sent me which she's been working on for some time. It's a complete
>list of all the sound
>recording sessions they have in the digitised R1 archive as audio
>files, but for which they
>have no other information at all: no broadcast date, show, recording
>date, lineup, nothing,
>not even in the R1 computer or on a frayed old session sheet. I have
>a strong suspicion there
>are several of you out there who will be able to date and place some
>of these for her - she is
>OK with me sharing the file and looks forward to our help. I am
>fairly confident most of these
>will not be missing Peels, but instead mostly the evening show
>(various presenters, 79-88),
>Kershaw, and various rock shows. I've been able to answer the very
>first one, because a
>member of 1000 Mexicans wrote to me after IST came out pointing out
>details of his band's
>omission! Can I suggest if you can fill anything in, you download
>the file, edit and paste up
>again as new file, then tell us all the update is there under your
>name now, and so on. Happy
>checking...

>PS> The Martha and the Muffins session mentioned the other day is in
>the archive, but has
>no information attached to it either!

I haven't had time to go through this properly yet but one item does stand
out at a cursory glance.

The Doomed session is surely the Damned session in which they
threatened to steal Peel's collection of Albert Hammond bootlegs!

martinw