Did Peel ever play Tom Waits?

andrewthezmore AndrewThezmore@...
Fri Nov 21 23:32:01 CET 2008

I've got a very fuzzy recollection of hearing the NME freebie version
of Downtown Train on the radio at the time (1986?) If it wasn't Peel,
not sure who it might have been, Annie Nightingale perhaps.

If he wasn't keen on him generally, it probably wasnt Peel who played
it - I think he played 3 of the 4 Cocteaus/Smiths/Bronskis NME tracks
and made a point of not playing the U2 track...