[peel] Re: Somebody is SELLING the Peel shows online

David King davidnpaula@...
Thu Nov 20 00:26:46 CET 2008

Agreed, Bill.  It does rather stick in the craw to see someone profiteering from these labours of love, but I do hope this doesn't change anything that's done here for the right reasons.  It's a thrill to have found all these riches, and to share what I have in the company of people as equally affected by JP.

Let's not have mercenaries alter what's going on here.

DK

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: billfromnorthwales
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 10:41 PM
  Subject: [peel] Re: Somebody is SELLING the Peel shows online

  Come on guys, let's chill on this.

  This goes on all over, and whether it is artists who have bootlegs made
  of their concerts ans sold (I have bought many) or traders who release
  recordings into the public on sites like Dimeadozen, only to find
  someone selling them on Ebay, or Market traders sellinh Knock off Nigel
  DVD's, or the John Peel Yahoo group having a whale of a time finding
  and archiving shows because of the thrill of discovery and a love of
  the music and the philosophy of the man, only to find them being sold
  on a website, we cannot let it affect our behaviour.

  Look at what has happened this year, and what a fantastic library we
  are building, so that, I believe, even the BBC will use this group and
  its WIKI as THE resource for Peel info and show archives.

  So a slow and painful death to the parasites who leach, but, hey WE are
  doing this for all the right reasons, and we cannot let them spoil our
  fun.

  Look, I spent about a month on those 1978 FF50 tapes to get them sound
  as best as they could, and what seems like millions of hours trying to
  get bleedin' BASF cassettes from the 400 box to play, but I did it for
  me, and to share with fellow enthusiasts.

  Selling of stuff made by others has always gone on and probably always
  will, and if the corporate superpowers cannot stop it, then neither can
  we.

  We don't pay anyone for the music we listen to on the Peel shows, and
  Brian is £500 better off for selling copyright material, so let's not
  get too precious, AND PLEASE LET US NOT HAVE GOONER OR HIS KIND SPOIL
  OUR FUN.

  The philantropic Billfromnorthwales

  or....

  What, an Arsenal fan? Ignore all that, lynch the bastard.