1977 Festive 50 'definitive' update

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Mon Nov 17 17:30:26 CET 2008

I put Jayes & Ranking Trevor on the remaster

http://www.mediafire.com/?gmzjddyytzz

Anyone downloaded it yet?

What do you think?

Well v2 is on its way because I ghave just found the first hour  -
Stranglers in concert, so shortly we will have a 90% complete 27 Dec
1977.

Bill from North Wales

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "postscriptxyz" <postscriptxyz@...>
wrote:

> --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "saipanda" <saipanda@> wrote:
> >
> > Many thanks again to Bill for this historic broadcast!
> Hi Steve,
>
> As the person responsible for the "something that came up on the
Wiki" today, perhaps I
> can explain why I did so.
>
> On listening to the 1977 FF tape, my (slightly ageing) ears heard
JP say "The Jays and
> Ranking Trevor".  This reminded me of a Channel One compilation
tape I used to own,
> featuring another track by The Jays - a version of the
Impressions "Queen Majesty".  Mr
> Google kindly pointed me to the following compilation ...
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Reggae-Anthology-Channel-One-
> Story/dp/B0001E8D9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music
> &qid=1226932793&sr=1-1
>
> The sample confirms the song to be The Jays (providing of course
Amazon has the correct
> information) ... although this version is the shorter mix, sans
Ranking Trevor.

> Apologies if I've stepped on anyone's toes !
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pad
>

> > Further to the 1977 F50 top 13, something that came up on the
Wiki