All publicity is good publicity!

ken garner ken_garner@...
Fri Nov 14 22:48:37 CET 2008

Nice plug for dandelion radio here in the grauniad today:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/nov/14/john-peel-internet-download-archives

of course we would all disagree with the writer's glowing estimation of the radio 1 archive
site, which looks beautiful but is riddled with errors and omissions, and there's no mention
of the wiki site either, but let's hope the piece drives people to dandelion, who then follow
their link to us, and so on...

...and maybe some of those people will have even more show tapes!

ken

PS. some of the comments on the Guardian's online blog complaining about the veneration
of peel on 22 Oct 08...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2008/oct/22/john-peel-hero-worship

... are apt, but some some make the classic error of interpreting media anniversary
coverage as a conspiracy which undermines any value in the original subject itself (cf.
"Remembrance Day, that's all over the news ever year, therefore it's over rated, yeah?"). I
am not of oruse equating those two memorials, of course. In fact, I have to confess I've
found the OLIVETTI CHRONICLES surprisingly disappointing, despite a few tittersome
moments... Glad to have it, but it didn't delight me as much as I thought it would...

	 	Are you sure you want to send this message?