[peel] Playlists

Phil Edwards festive50@...
Mon Nov 10 23:27:38 CET 2008

As promised.
I've just uploaded as promised.
Still nowhere near complete but may be of some interest.
Phil

  -----Original Message-----
  From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Phil
Edwards
  Sent: 03 November 2008 21:37
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: RE: [peel] Playlists

  Minimum of effort. Hmm!

  The Site to which Alasdair referred is very well known to me and was the
starting point to a mammoth project I started about 8 years of creating a
master listings database.
  I did abandon this project years ago and resumed this task this summer.
  Lorcans site was based on downloads of JP Listings from Teletext and which
I did a few when he couldn't manage.
  His site alone consists of 16,500 tracks. Which I've painstakingly
imported into my database line by line (each track being a permutation of
2,3 or 4 fields)
  To this I've added the BBC website track listings (10,000 tracks) which
I've extracted programmatically after running HTMSTRIP which 1st converted
these files to text files (which I believe our very own Martin Wheatley
supplied me with).
  Plus various other sources. The database currently stands at 45,000 tracks
from Dec 1976 - Dec 2004. I shall be publishing the final results in the
very near future to this group.
  I also have a further 200 shows in hand written form to add.
  Phil