Peel sessions and legal gubbins

ken garner ken_garner@...
Thu May 8 23:21:16 CEST 2008

Yes, i think it's probably something like that. Technically after every broadcast and single
repeat, every contributor to the BBC has to be recontracted - that's why, i think, you can
only listen again on the web as it were to 'one repeat' in a 7 day period, in theory. Now the
vast majority of bands, famous or obscure, are not going to stand in the way of any
rebroadcasts or small fees. But some might, and simply refuse the recontract for another
airing. Call it a pathetic attempt to maintain the aloofness and mystery of their artist. I'll
ask Hanna at R1 if she knows....