Reply: RI: [peel] ex post facto

David Groves david.groves@...
Sat May 3 00:01:12 CEST 2008

A bit sad answering my own email (especially on a Friday night when I should be out) but I’ve found the answer – it’s Ruth Ellis by Ex Post Facto.  I think I must have heard it on a Peel Session but have found a live version on the She’ll Rape The World LP.

I really should get out more.

D,

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of david.groves@...
Sent: 02 May 2008 13:02
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Reply: RI: [peel] ex post facto

I'm downloading it now - apparently it's "Happy Hour" on Rapidshare. Go to: http://music-isms.blogspot.com/2008/02/ex-post-facto-recordings-1981-83.html and follow the link.

I used to have this after hearing them on Peel - and had forgotten all about it - I recognise the cover.

It was stolen from my flat - along with all my other records and tapes when my next-door-but-one neighbour Melvin burgled my flat whilst I was away. Being as he was into (unemployed babysitter) Michael Jackson, Wham! and Madonna, I don't know why the Hi-Fi wasn't sufficient for him. I shudder to think how many rare bootlegs and Peel tapes were copied over with the Top 40 or some such w*nk afterwards.

BTW: There's does anyone know what this lyric is from. I thought it was 3D A Fish In Sea but now I have my doubts. It's a song about the last women to be hanged in the UK, Ruth Ellis (a film was made about her in the eighties IIRC). It goes something like, "Ruth Ellis, too young to die, much to young to die", female singer, not a particularly fast song but not slow either IYSWIM.

Cheers

D,

Hi
I received this request via my Liverpool Bands myspace page www.myspace.com/scouserinexile and whilst I've sent a request out there - I'm sure this is the better bet.
cheers
tony
ex post facto
Body:
do you know where i can download oceanic explorer from or can you put it in your playlist if you have it... tried to get a copy for ages with no joy regard s dave