[OT] [Altrok] We're Back! (That's Good News, Right?)

hubcity@... hubcity@...
Sun Mar 23 01:02:19 CET 2008

Hey there...

Altrok Radio is back on the air.

The smoke has cleared, the skies have parted, and as it turns out, we have a future.

What happened?  A few things:

- Lots and LOTS of encouragement.  I mean LOTS, and I thank everyone who sent a thoughtful message or two for taking the time to do it.  It's very much appreciated.

- Some of the obstacles that seemed so insurmountable Wednesday night turned out to be less formidable than expected.

- I saw a future without Altrok Radio, and it wasn't pretty.  I *had* to fix that...

What remains to be done?

- The station is pretty much what it was when it shut down, and there won't be any new playlist adds, or airings of the weekly show, for a couple of weeks.  Finding new tracks and producing the show take up the lions share of the time I have to do the station, so this'll free up the time I need to fix things I think are broken.

So, we're not entirely out of the woods yet.  But there's music coming from the station now, and a plan to go forward.  We'll do what we can to keep that happening.

Of course, you can keep helping in all the ways I've mentioned previously: tune in and stay tuned in, use our link at AltrokRadio.com if and when you buy things from Amazon, and check out our advertisers at AltrokRadio.com, too.  Your interest in them helps put money in our hands.

And if I wasn't emphatic enough before, thank you for sending a note or two about what you'd be missing without Altrok Radio. That helped a lot; it really did.

Thanks!

-Sean