[peel] re: techy. May I borrow your ears?

Roger Carruthers roger.carruthers@...
Sat Mar 22 19:56:47 CET 2008

Ogg certainly works for me ­ you get a better bang per buck than .mp3, ie.
equivalent sized files sound better (or less bad, depending how you look at
it) as .ogg than they do as .mp3.  It¹s just a shame there¹s not as much
support for the format, but in your case ie. for archiving, that¹s not
really an issue.
 I¹ve yet to come across a lossless codec that can do much better than 2:1 ­
I think you¹re up against the limits of physics there.
 cheers
Roger