[peel] Re: JP plays TD

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Sat Mar 1 21:42:47 CET 2008

Things don't always work out the way you expect them
Peel playing Tangerine Dream was the start of
Richard Branson's Virgin empire.  His shop in Notting
Hill Gate made it's initial reputation  by importing the TD
albums from Germany - I think the first place in London to do so
People in London were searching everywhere for the records
after Peel started playing them  (except for me - I had a friend
in Germany!)
Branson later went on to release the albums here when he started
the Virgin Records label

martinw