summat for weekend ......

saipanda saipanda@...
Mon Jun 9 14:55:38 CEST 2008

> That's interesting. Greenhoff, so that must have been
> Liverpool vs Man Utd...... Everton were rubbish from 78 to 83 -
> can't remember any big, "glory" games.....
>
> Peely does sound pretty grumpy on this show ; all credit to him
> for being himself and not putting on a "jolly" dj mask.

Yeah, but the semi against ManU was the following night, so Peel was
only looking forward to not going to Goodison for that on this show.

Think at the time I believed losing a Cup semi at the Everton ground
to ManU was the worst of all possible worlds. That was until I went
to all four FA Cup semis against Arsenal the following season and we
finally went out 1-0 in a match played midweek in Coventry.

Sorry for all this footy talk, music fans!

On a related note, though, any more JP tapes from the North Wales
source of this one?

Cheers,

Steve W