[peel] Re: Meteors first Peel Session

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Thu Jun 5 09:27:20 CEST 2008

At 01:13 05/06/2008, you wrote:

>Four of the five tracks were broadcast on Brain Surgery on Radio 6
>last week. I grabbed them
>from "listen again", but the quality is not great (65kbps stream ->
>128kbps mp3). However,
>if no-one has a better quality (and complete) version, I'd be happy to post.
>
>Pad

I've got an original recording which also misses one of the 5 tracks
Fortunately not the same one as the one Marc Riley didn't play
I have therefore been able to assemble a file with all 5
I'll put it up at the weekend  (it's getting crowded up there so I've
got to delete a lot first!)

The quality thing is an interesting question.  Anyone's original
recordings of sessions of this vintage will have to have been recorded
to tape and then switched to a computer file  (mine all came from
cassette to mp3).  It is therefore unlikely that they are better than
anyone's rip from Listen Again done with modern tools

martinw