[peel] Re: Session Requests

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Mon Jun 2 19:15:28 CEST 2008

At 16:57 01/06/2008, you wrote:

>Dear Martin
>
>Thank you, buddy. Just how many session recordings have you collected,
>just out of interest? and are there any you haven't been able to get?
>I was amused to see that Tony Capstick and the Oldham Tinkers did
>sessions too...I don't suppose...?
>Best wishes
>Steve [Teenage Kicks]

A lot.   I've collected most since about 1980.  Not all quite
complete since I used a cassette deck and the pause button
for a lot of the time and I got caught out a few times when the
great man forget to pre-announce or nature called!
I've picked up earlier sessions than that where I can from
repeats (6Music a good source in the early hours)
I lost a few when I converted from tape to mp3  (some
of the tapes deteriorated)

Capstick and Oldham Tinkers Peel sessions predate
my taping although of course Andy Kershaw did a number
of later Oldham Tinkers sessions

martinw