Missing In Action: The Lost Peel?

Ed Duffy eddie.duffy@...
Thu Jul 24 11:18:30 CEST 2008

Yay! Nice to see one of mine come around again. I put this up on
Dubster's old site a couple of years back, as I recall. Here's details
and tracklisting:

John Peel - 28th. November 1983

2 files, 69 minutes approx. Recorded by DuffPaddy on a Memorex dB 90
cassette from FM radio. Encoded by Baz.

This one features sessions from The Twinsets, Dead Can Dance and finds
Peelie suffering from a cold. Also

featuring a 'wrong speed' moment, where John gets narked about people
claiming he did that sort of thing

deliberately.

Part 1

(43.8Mb, 192K, 31:55)

Stiff Little Fingers - Wasted Life (snippet)
Grandmixer D ST. - Crazy Cuts
The Twinsets - Too Too Much (Peel session)
The Birthday Party - Swampland
Dennis Brown - Your Love Is A Blessing
The Smiths - This Charming Man (extended version)
Fear Amongst Friends - I Was You
The Twinsets - Glittering New Day (Peel session)
The Elgins - Heaven Must Have Sent You
[tape flip...]

Part 2

(51.4Mb, 192K, 37:27)

[...tape flip]
The Elgins - Heaven Must Have Sent You
The Sisters of Mercy - Alice
Dead Can Dance - Ocean (Peel session)
Laurel & Hardy - Video Trafficking
The Twinsets - Crush (Peel session)
Einstürzende Neubauten - Vanadium-I-Ching
T-Bone Burnett (w/ Pete Townsend) - Fatally Beautiful
Dead Can Dance - Threshold (Peel session)
Designer - Feeling Nice

Eddie.