[peel] Missing In Action: The Lost Peel?

John Bravin john.bravin@...
Wed Jul 23 21:27:36 CEST 2008

Back from a vacation amazed at the email activity over the last two
weeks. Congratulations to all those who orchestrated the eBay purchase.
Wonderful news.

Regarding the missing years I had hoped to report I had the missing 1976
Festive Fifty (and I still think I do, except that it is probably in a
box in the attic marked children's tapes mixed with the Best of Postman
Pat and The Hungry Caterpillar).  But what I do have is 4 C90 sides of
the 1977 Listeners Top Ten choices (broadcast in September so not the
1977 Festive Fifty). These were compiled by listeners but with each
track introduced by Peel. I would dearly like to know what happened to
the lucky listeners - I bet they have complete recordings of their own
selections among others from 1977.

I will rip these in the coming week and try to upload them as soon as
possible.

And in due time I have some more 1980, 1981, 1983, 1984, 1988, 1989  ...
Not so many as the eBay goldmine, but there are lots of memorable Peel
links, about loathsome Finns, Container Drivers (the Fall version), and
songs that make him cry etc

John