Cover version programs

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Sat Jul 19 22:19:14 CEST 2008

>Hello Alan,

You need a sound card to capture the audio.

The easiest way is to get an external USB sound card like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Creative-Soundblaster-Live-24-Bit-
External_W0QQitemZ360070257335QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360070257335

You connect the cassette player to the sound card with standard phono
cables (those red and black ones) and you connect the sound card to
your PC by the USB connection.

You then rubn the software that came with your sound card, or a
freeware program such as Audacity, play the tape and digitise.

To you and all other holders of cassettes, and even 1/4 inch reel-
reel tapes, I would be happy to digitise them for you, although I do
realise that is a  emotional wrench to send them off to someone you
don't know.

I would return them with a CD of the contents for you.

Drop me a line if you want to try a single tape trial.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Ford" <alan@...> wrote:

> >> Wow, these sound brilliant. Any chance of sharing them?
>
> er, yeah.
>
> Unfortunately I'm a virgin in respect of digitising tapes, but I
guess it's
> time to grasp the nettle  and give it a try.
>
> I've got a box of tapes, Windows XP and a Sony TC-WE475 Stereo
cassette
> deck.
>
> What do I do now ??
>
> Alan
>
> PS Just listened to the first part of FF78. Great stuff, and
excellent
> quality recording. I can't guarantee that mine will be as good. I
used to
> have terrible FM reception at my previous address, where most of my
> recordings were done.

sessions
> > by Tar and
> L7.
> > It seems I missed the first installment of the cover version
shows on
> > 6/7/91 (unless the
> tapes are in a different box somewhere)
> > In those days John had 3-hour shows (11 - 2) on Sat and Sun
nights, still
> > used his
> theme tune; and had to say goodbye to medium wave listeners at
midnight!
> > And in the news was a story about S. Africa dismantling
aparthied."

> > "And then John says "I bet you're thinking the old fool's
forgotten the
> > Fall", and plays 7
> in a row, inc White Lightning, Ghost In My House, Victoria, Day In
The Life