[peel] Re: John Peel tapes on Ebay

lollygagger lollygagger@...
Thu Jul 17 17:33:52 CEST 2008

It's hard to believe that anyone would want the tapes unless they were fans of Peely.

If the seller knows how eager this group is to purchase these tapes artificial bids could be made just to bump up the final cost.

Sometimes a poker face is useful when bidding in these types of auctions.

Gordon
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: rockerq@...
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 12:19 AM
  Subject: Re: [peel] Re: John Peel tapes on Ebay

  I see that the eBay item has reached 122 quid. Assume that "bidder 5" is our bid?

  Bidding ends around 12.30 pm on Friday UK time - I will have internet access on Friday evening so if we do win, someone will need to mail me with the details of either when and where to pick up, or the seller's contact - I reckon first chance I get to pick up will be Monday evening after work, around 6pm - 6.30pm.

  We will also need to know the details of how to pay our contributions in.

  Cheers!

  Rocker