Complete Shows

saipanda saipanda@...
Mon Jul 14 06:10:14 CEST 2008

Hi Bill,

Let me be first to welcome you the group. And many thanks indeed for making the 1979
show available already. As a native Liverpudlian of around the right age, I especially loved
hearing the Big In Japan session in the context of the show.

As you may have noticed from recent postings, we seem to be a bit swept up right now in
the excitement of the current eBay auction, with goals that would include making rare
material available to the BBC archives.

As much as anything, though, think we'd all just love to hear/know what's on the tapes in
question. Apart from that, think you'll find general Peel related chit-chat and swapping
information on shows, sessions, etc.

I would certainly subscribe to your lofty goal, but think we're still a good way from that.
Anyway, fantastic to hear new digital recordings of old shows, whether complete or not,
rescued from old tapes, with the comments of the great man intact.

 For example, one member was recently able to share a partial two-hour recording of the
1978 Festive Fifty (and same for the 1979 one). This was greeted with great joy and
general rejoicing in these parts, as none of the F50s before 1980 had ever come to light
before (except for an edited top 10 of 1979). The other two still missing FF "holy grails"
are FF76 and FF77.

Couldn't help but notice that the full shows you have include the two nights of this self-
same 1978 F50. If it were possible to share this (and the two shows from 1983) in the
same way as your previous 3.4.79, I for one would be really happy. And of course,
whatever partial shows you can get digitized from your treasure trove. Sounds like a
brilliant collection!

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Cheers,

Steve W

PS For more shows etc, you might want to check the links at the johnpeeleveryday blog
and/or the various torrent sites.