[peel] Re: peel tapes and paypal

Alasdair Macdonald wewalkforonereason@...
Fri Jul 11 12:02:38 CEST 2008

I have:
> AC/DC June 1976 (cassette master)
> ATV Dec 1977 (partial mp2)
> John Cooper Clarke Oct 1978 (mp2)
> Delgados All of them (one mp2 IIRC)
> Lurkers All of them (one mp2)
> Misty In Roots All of them (several cassette masters already converted to flac)
> PIL Dec 1979 (one mp2, maybe this one)
> Rezillos Dec 1977/May 1978 (possible one of these)
> Smiths All of them (some? are released)
> Stranglers Mar/Aug 1977 (partial mp2?)
> Vice Squad Jun 1981 (cassette master IIRC)
> XTC All of them (one cassette master, also other partial mp2s IIRC)

I also have some or possibly all of the Nick Cave 1984 session that
was mentioned recently, as 6 Music / 160kbps mp2s (which is where all
the above-mentioned mp2s are sourced from).

What I don't have is time to work on these if they aren't very close to hand.

I planned to share my off-air MIR recordings here alongside a couple
of BBC6 Music mp2 broadcasts (which are 160kbps). Part of the concept
there was to provide a comparison between reasonably well recorded
off-air versions and the compressed digital versions that are becoming
more common (indeed, will be the primary source of broadcast video and
audio within just a few years).

I'll try to do something about the MIR stuff over the weekend, but I
can't promise anything.