[peel] Peel Tapes

Phil Edwards festive50@...
Fri Jul 11 01:06:39 CEST 2008

I'm in for �20 up to a Max of �50

As the clock is ticking away, can we draw up a plan (not a cunning plan
however).

1) There may be people here who wish to contribute but through circumstances
beyond their control (I was in that position recently, when my job was at
risk). Therefore all
    contributions welcome. However the tapes go to a member renowned for
reliably digitising and sharing. That's not a hint for moi to be the lucky
recipient for this
    "motherlode". As my current P.C. is buggered and the server I ran (where
about 200 gb was downloaded of JP stuff), is now f****ed and needs a total
rebuild.
2) In order for a quick tally of monies available for the final bid. All
members willing to donate to re-post a min and max amount in a standardised
form.
    ie. delete all of subject header and in the subject header type in the
exact format "Bid - �Min - �Max". No need to type anything else.
    We then just sort our e-mails on subject and get a tally at a glance.

eg. my Bid
Bid - �20 - �50
I'll post my bid to start the ball rolling.

3) Decide on a comprehensive method of sharing. Some of these sharing sites
seem a bit exlusive. The ideal way to share is a file server in the vein of
the one I ran. It's
    really quite easy. Mine was just a crap old P.C. I was given. I just
installed Black Moon FTP server on it and left the P.C. running (barring
power cuts) for 4 years.

Phil