peel tapes and paypal

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Thu Jul 10 21:37:12 CEST 2008

Sounds OK. Thanks Kev ! And Rocker !

A few points :

Should every donor put 21 GBP into the paypal account
(to cover the commission) ?

Would/could each donor be paid back the amount that's not used
to buy the tapes ? Again, via Paypal presumably. Looks like so far
we have several hundred pounds plegded !

I'm OK for Kev to do the ripping (although I would prefer 192
to 128 for mp3) but if that would be too slow and we need
volunteers, then there need to be guidelines/rules to avoid
tech mistakes like clipping (distortion).......
I could certainly rip some tapes myself ! And upload to a
torrent site or Rapishare etc. But then there is the possibility
of tapes getting "lost in the post", 'oh shit' as Buzzcocks said !
Maybe we shouldn't (like the Ebay vendor) risk these priceless items
in the post - the rippers could live near the pickup point - the
Cheltenham Rippers !! That would rule me out.

Finally, you'd better give us a link to your Paypal a/c !

ps : -
The charity (wildlife) is fine but I would have chosen a
human-related one myself - there's a lot of hunger in the world.
Once there's no baby dying of starvation in Africa then we can
worry about polar bears............