[peel] Re: 1978 Festive Fifty

Eddie Duffy eddie.duffy@...
Wed Jul 9 08:02:41 CEST 2008

Many thanks for all your efforts, John. I'm not generally a fan of the
'all-time' F50s, but these catch the Peel show in a fascinating
transitional period. This particular chart, coming a couple of weeks
after the punk rock special, remind us that the old guard didn't get
dropped overnight (at least not by the listeners). I look forward to
hearing any more shows you might have from this era.

Steve - it is an odd one: the links do indeed point to the '79 files.
However, the text in the links is actually correct. So it just needs a
bit of cut and pasting:

Part 1:

http://rapidshare.com/files/128227259/Tape_074B.mp3

Part 2: