Walk on Gilded Splinters

deedeeramain deedeeramain@...
Tue Jul 8 09:11:04 CEST 2008

The recent talk of 'Walk on Gilded Splinters' reminded me of the cover
I used to like by the Flowerpot Men in the Eighties. (Not sure I still
like it as all my records are in a warehouse in the Midlands and I'm in
Saudi Arabia!).
I downloaded the Humble Pie version to see what that was like - Yeah!
Awful noodling hippy pap!
I googled the Flowerpot Men and came across an interesting site by the
producer Mike Thorne which you might find interesting. There's some
nice anecdotes regarding a bunch of the artists he worked with - Sex
Pistols, Bronski Beat, Siouxsie, Wire, The The etc:

http://www.stereosociety.com/walkon.html

Dee Dee