1976, frampton

Steve Walsh saipanda@...
Mon Jul 7 13:37:59 CEST 2008

All this talk of 1976 (when I was 13/14 and there was a very hot summer) reminds me that there's a pretty decent Rough Trade Shops compilation in their Counter Culture series featuring some good stuff from that very same year.

If any feels like checking it out, here's the tracklisting, etc:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rough-Trade-Shops-Counter-Culture/dp/tracks/B000GCF93K/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1:
On the subject of Peter Frampton -- yeah, I remember seeing the live album cover everywhere -- think it's true that he was earlier with Humble Pie, and there's a concert of them (from the early 70s) introduced by JP floating around out there in torrent-land. Haven't actually listened to this, though, so I may be wrong.
Another case of JP being ahead of his time?
Cheers,
Steve W
PS My dad had a Humble Pie live album. Didn't really like it much, I seem to remember.