1976 Festive 50

dunelm61 dunelm@...
Sun Jul 6 23:16:51 CEST 2008

This is going to be interesting. My money's on Anarchy In The UK and
New Rose to finish 1 and 2. And I'd also expect singles by the
101ers, Blondie, Wayne County, Eddie & the Hot Rods, Richard Hell,
Nick Lowe, Pere Ubu, the Runaways, the Saints, Patti Smith,
Television and the Vibrators – and most of the Ramones' first LP – to
be in there too.

Which is all fine and dandy except that (whisper it) nobody was
actually listening to those records in 1976!

1976 can be summed up in three words which will strike fear into the
heart of anyone of my age and in themselves are enough to explain why
punk had to happen: Frampton Comes Alive.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "vinpinman" <vinpinman@...> wrote:

> I'm going to put together a '76 year-specific FF with your help.
See