[peel] Re: Worst Ever Festive Fifty Track

Graeme Anderson anderson@...
Tue Jan 29 01:56:51 CET 2008

Actually, it was 3 times in one post

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: 28 January 2008 10:25
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] Re: Worst Ever Festive Fifty Track

I actually wrote about this back in September (see here
<http://festivefifty.blogspot.com/2007/09/freak-like-me.html>  ), and you're
right: my friend who was actually in the band tells me he was mortified that
Peel didn't like them. It actually got to 32 that year, by the way.
--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Dr Mango <dr_mango2004@...> wrote:

> There was an almost identical situation in 1989 when Jesus Jones somehow
got as high as 31 with "Info Freako". Not a song that JP cared for much, one
suspects.

> DM
>
> john guthrie grafpoo@... wrote: i was listening to 1986 FF today - number
49 was 'serpent's kiss' by the mission, which mr. peel bookended with the
comment that he really really really hadn't played that song, at all, all
year (more of a 'janice' song, as he put it)