Festive Fifty Holy Grails

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Sat Jan 26 22:21:32 CET 2008

No, can't agree there - 'Atmosphere' is an all-time classic, although
the first album is my fave - saw them at Eric's in 8/79. If you hear
live stuff from JD you realise Martin Hannett (producer) was virtually
an extra member of the group (live they were 'rough').

Listening to the all-time FF of 2000 (when was it broadcast - end of
1999 or 2000 ?), I realised Peel-listeners were/are in a cocoon ; all
the other 'all-time best lists' had Beatles, Led Zep etc. in there...
And certainly no Wedding Present (massively overrated by Peelites)!

Very suprised to hear JP say that he prefers(ed) Beefheart to
the Fall - I always thought Mark E's band were his favourite.