[peel] Most Unlikely Track Ever Heard On Peel

Alan Ford alan@...
Tue Jan 22 21:35:39 CET 2008

What about the Chumbawamba session?

Agadoo
Birdie Song
Knock Three Times
Y viva Espana

Never did find out if they thought they were being funny, anarchic or piss-taking.
Or maybe they really thought it was a good idea ..

Alan

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: dunelm61
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 12:07 PM
  Subject: [peel] Most Unlikely Track Ever Heard On Peel

  Just an idea for a fun thread . . .

  In the very first Peel show I ever heard, in the summer of 1977, he
  played Cat Scratch Fever by carnivorous heavy rock cliché Ted Nugent. A
  few months later he played live tracks from Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow.

  OK, so 1977 was a transitional year, but I can't believe that Peel
  liked this stuff even in the Dark Ages of the early to mid-seventies.

  Anyone recall hearing anything more out of place on his show?