[peel] On Another Matter....

michael stoecker michstoecker@...
Tue Jan 22 09:16:33 CET 2008

I accept this as a challenge. I'm in Kansas right now with a whopping ice covered 10F/-11C night. Shadow/Chemist/Koala are coming to town next week and I will be at that show even if there is a line around the block because though I may not be 19 anymore, I'm going to fight that dying of the light with all i got:)

Plus, did you see the turntablist lineup I just listed. Arguably one of the best line-ups that can be mustered in the genre.

Perhaps I'm a fool. I'll see after next week.

Michael

To: peel@yahoogroups.com
From: troche@...
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:51:59 -0500
Subject: [peel] On Another Matter....

            So Kid Koala was in own tonight. He was opening for DJ Shadow and Cut

Chemist. The Kid Koala session was a classic, I recall. So going to

see his gig was seemingly a no-brainer.

But I just couldn't decide. Kinda expensive. School night. Long drive

to get there, midtown, no free parking. 34 degrees F and windy

tonight. But a voice said aw go on, even tho it was curtain time as I

left home...

At least the roads were clear (Atlanta shuts down on the MLK holiday)

and I arrived a half hour after the assigned start time... and

nothing had started and there was a long line of shivering patrons

around the venue.

All those people out in the cold, and I could see some doorman in the

distance doing the selective-entry velvet-rope thing.

No thanks. Drove home. Sorry Kid Koala, I ain't 19 no' mo'....