[peel] Better Beatles

Julian Porter spiggytopes55@...
Sat Jan 19 22:32:12 CET 2008

I've been looking for the Better Beatles track ever since Peel played them. Excellent.

Julian

----- Original Message ----
From: RobF <robfleay@ntlworld.com>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, 19 January, 2008 9:43:16 AM
Subject: [peel] Better Beatles

Fellow Peel listeners may remember a 7" from the early 80's by a band called The Better Beatles? (wherein a bunch of rudimentary musicians from Omaha covered two Beatles songs in the most uncomplimentary, yet fantastic, way)

Well I blogged about it here back in summer 2006
http://www.duckwort hsquare.com/ frankosonic/ frankosonic/ 2006/08/better- beatles.html

A while later the original singer contacted me to say that they had found the original sessions master tape and were going to release the whole 10 song shebang "due to popular demand"

So today I took delivery of the album (it's only on 12" vinyl) from the States and I can thoroughly recommend it! Available here from Hook Or Crook Records for $10
http://www.hookorcr ookrecords. com/Bands- BetterBeatles. htm
I paid via Paypal and it was $14 postage - but well worth it!

Oh and I was amazed to find that I had a special thanks on the back of the sleeve!

Email sent from www.virginmedia. com/email