Knit 1 Pearl 1

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Tue Jan 8 22:23:41 CET 2008

Not so sure about that. Imagine how many songs Peely must have
played, even since 1978, say. Do the math(s) if you're a "Rain
Man" ; must be millions and millions !
A few years ago I asked if anyone knew of a song broadcast around 1980
called "Hobnobbing with the Executives" - punkesque as you'd expect.
Who did it ? Around the same time I loved a song with the line
"Water, water everywhere...", a poppy / electro type number if I
remember correctly. Again, any info anyone ? Please.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Jennings"
<michael.jennings42@...> wrote:

> I too am thinking how ironic that one can ask the group anything
about any
> track that ever appeared on any peel show and someone here will
know the
> answer.spooky. Peel would have loved this database of knowledge
>

>   _____

Of Julian
> Porter
> Sent: 07 January 2008 23:39
> To: peel@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [peel] Knit 1 Pearl 1
>

> John,
>

> I don't suppose you have a copy of this track do you or maybe an
indication
> of when John played it? If this is it, then I'd love to hear it
again.

> If however it is the Chumbawumba track metioned by Steve, maybe I
should
> check this out first.
>

> I remember John getting quite uptight at people writing in asking
what a
> particular track was on a night some years before. Funny how
members of this
> group are so accomodating in resurrecting their memory.
>

> Unlike Groucho Marks, I am glad to be a member of a group that
would have me
> as a member.
>

> Cheers,
>

> Julian