[peel] Knit 1 Pearl 1

Julian Porter spiggytopes55@...
Tue Jan 8 14:10:18 CET 2008

Gordon,

I agree, while Michael and I have differing tastes in music, we have remarkably similar experiences and feelings for everything Peel and music related. We've been out for a few beers from time to time and perhaps one way of looking at it from my point of view is that a discussion with Michael is like talking to myself!!! It's fun knowing that someone understands what I felt and experienced when I was say 20. It's almost like twins ending each other's sentences. And I guess we all remember a certain percentage of programmes and records, so of course asking a question like I did, or indeed Michael did the other day regarding Peel's fox howl, then someone is bound to have the answer.

Peel certainly had a serious influence over a lot of people, probably more so than the politicians, celebs or anyone else of the last 30 years for that matter. I can't say I liked everything he played, but I did like the fact that he played it.

Anyhow, must go as I've just received 49 tapes of John Peel Programmes and I need to spend some serious time copying these to MP3.

Toodle pip,

Julian