[peel] Re: Peel TV Shows

Riving Ton deedeeramain@...
Sun Feb 10 00:06:10 CET 2008

Hello Steve!

It's free to download from 'YouSendIt', 'Rapid Share', and 'MegaUpload' etc but if you want to upload or download with a faster / better service then you need to open an account with the site.
With 'YouSendIt' - you open an account and then you can post some files on their servers but for your money there is only a limited number of downloads (this gets worse for bigger files).

The best answer is to parcel it up and post it as a torrent. Have you tried uploading a torrent? S'easy! I'm now using μTorrent (micro torrent) as my client torrent software and this has a wizard button for making torrents. You need to get a tracker link for the torrent search site (The Pirate Bay uses this for example: http://tpb.tracker.thepiratebay.org:80/announce ). Tick 'Start Seeding' . When you press go! to make your torrent, you save the small reference file to your PC. Next you head to 'The Pirate Bay' (or Mininova, TorrentSpy, IsoHunt etc) and hit 'Upload Torrent'. The website will be looking for the small file you created and you have the option to post some details about the file as comments. Next, tell everyone you have uploaded a new torrent and sit back and watch your upload ratio improve! (You might want to right click the file in your client and prioritise this file while on the other files that you have that are complete but not so
 rare you throttle back the upload rate).

I managed to snarf three decent files from the site and haven't had any message about ratios. I can see that there are leechers in my queue trying to download but for some reason I'm not uploading to them! I have a new connection via satellite to get around the Saudi fire-wall. My downloads now work and BitTorrent works but after a fashion. If it looks like I'm not going to improve my ratios at the box then I'll put my stuff from them onto 'The Pirate Bay' also shortly.

Good luck!

DeeDee

----- Original Message ----
From: Steve <so_it_goes_2512@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2008 6:15:59 PM
Subject: [peel] Re: Peel TV Shows

Yes, Dee Dee, I joined The Box: after I downloaded two items I was
informed that my ratio wasn't good enough to continue. I am not
really in a position to contribute anything that British people would
want to see, living in South Korea as I do.
Anyway, one of the items I did get was a reasonable VHS copy of Peel
on 'This Is Your Life' in 1996. If enough people are interested, I
could put it up as a YouSendIt, if someone would be kind enough to
tell me how it works, or recommend something better?
All the best
Steve