[peel] Re: for Rocker

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Thu Feb 7 23:10:14 CET 2008

> <<And here's a Christmas card – a lot of voiceover here, I hope you are
> impressed by all of
> this real DJ stuff – this is a card from Rocker, and it says, "Keep playing
> the Teenage
> Fanclub, Venus, Feeds, Weddoes, and the obscure American 7-inches that
> everybody
> hates." Here's one of those now.
>
> (Plays Hellfire" by Drag Racing Underground)>>

Yes! It's all coming back! I used to send him a Christmas card every year
with a "Keep up the good work" sort of message.

That would be Venus Beads, by the way - a fine Stoke-On-Trent band who
briefly shone in the early 80s - their "Treading Water" is still one of my favourite
tracks!

Cheers!

Rocker