[peel] Name That Tune 2

RobF robfleay@...
Tue Feb 5 16:13:30 CET 2008

> I've had yet another request for the name of a track JP played. This
> time, the asker said:
> "A very long time ago, must be well over 20 years ago, John Peel played
> a cover version of Winchester Cathedral...If I remember rightly, it was
> a punk/indie band, something along the lines of Half Man Half Biscuit."
> Anybody able to help with this?

Absolutely definitely was a band called Barbel (and the track in question was on one of the Imaginary Records covers albums)

A fantastic band, I'm sure that they had a track "Houe By The Airport" which made a F50 at one point? If not it certainly should have. They did two sessions but only released one single and a mini LP. A full album never materialised, which was a real shame.

The singer Greg Milton is/was involved with ex Benny Profane members in a band called Dead Cowboys