F50 92 Ken's query

Steve Walsh saipanda@...
Tue Feb 5 11:10:29 CET 2008

    Hi Ken,

I think the answers to your questions on the F50 1992 are in the text file I posted to the group a couple of days back of the tracklistings of Gary's new digitized versions of the tapes.

To sum up, it seems to go like this:

F 18/12 Festive 50  #50-39 (although tape doesn't include final three of these)
(Best sessions of year: Pavement, Terry Edwards, Klezmatics)
Possible there may have been another session, as tape is incomplete programme.

St 19/12 (Jacob's Mouse, Loudon Wainwright III, Ragga Twins, The Fall) F50 #38-27
Sessions as you have them. Date confirmed by comments on the day's Liverpool-Coventry match (LFC lost 1-5!).

Th 24/12 R1 11pm-1am, John Peel's Alternative Christmas: 'with great

Christmas records that never made the charts' produced by Mike Hawkes
Date confirmed by comments on previous show.

F 25/12 (Cobra, PJ Harvey, Nirvana (1989), Sonic Youth (1988 Fall covers) sessions) F50 #26-13

St 26/12 no show

F 1/1/93 (Spiritualized, Sebadoh, Ultraviolence, Babes in Toyland) F50 #12-1
No tape, but date confirmed on previous shows. F50 numbers by deduction from previous show and DVD torrent material, which confirms Babes in Toyland session was one re-broadcast on this show.

Hope this is useful, Ken. Many thanks again to Gary for digitizing and sharing the tapes!

Cheers,

Steve W

Posted by:      "ken garner"
      ken_garner@...

          ken_garner

      Mon Feb 4, 2008 2:04 pm        (PST)

            I now have more info, steve, thanks to others on this list again. I

think the F50 92 shows, in fact the whole christams new year period

that year, went somthing like this (note my gaps and queries: please

let me know of any answers tapes reveal, and what bits of hte

countdown on which shows):

F 18/12 Festive 50 (Best sessions of year: Pavement, and

unknown others?)

St 19/12 (Jacob's Mouse, Loudon Wainwright III, Ragga Twins, The Fall)

Th 24/12 R1 11pm-1am, John Peel's Alternative Christmas: 'with great

Christmas records that never made the charts' produced by Mike Hawkes

F 25/12 Festive 50

St 26/12 no show

F 1/1/93 (Spiritualized, Sebadoh, Ultraviolence, Babes in Toyland) F50

ken

--- In peel@yahoogroups. com, "saipanda" <saipanda@.. .> wrote:

> Hi Gary,

> Many thanks for all the FF1992 shows! Really excellent listening.

As it was snowing all day

> here today, I've made up the tracklistings as far as I can work

them out, helped greatly by

> the "Minimal Listings" Excel file that was posted here recently and

Ken's brilliant book.

> As far as I can work out, the FF92 was broadcast over four nights,

with the final one on

> Jan 1, 1993. I don't think this last show is part of the tapes

you've put up, but FF#12-1 for

> 1992 was one of the files I posted from individual tracks spliced

together from the DVD

> torrents a week or two back. Of course, if you've got the full

show, that would be brilliant

> to hear.

> Anyway, will post my tracklistings file here. Hope this is useful

for people.

> Thanks again to everyone for all the new material, including the

Out Of The States torrent

> that has just gone up!

> Steve W

> --- In peel@yahoogroups. com, "llrc057" <lists@> wrote:

> > My apologies DeeDee, oh the pit falls of cut & paste. The links

have

> > been corrected.

> > The cleaned up versions of these tape Steve will be/are far

higher