[peel] Cowcube at Christmas

Thomas Blatchford tabdrinkink74@...
Mon Dec 22 15:07:20 CET 2008

Hi Roger,

i didn't beieve you were censuring my act of uploading or anything, it's just i am a firm believer in supporting smaller independent artists - and larger ones, really - and would not want to hinder any success on Cowcube's part, so i thought i'd take the opportunity to state that. He does seem a furtive chap, i recently in another attempt at tracking the guy down noticed that he was offered a recording contract but was asked to tone the samples down, which is a bit ridiculous considering his style, even if predictable. i didn't try to get hold of him over Myspace at the time i was writing my zine but i have since had access to a myspace account and become a friend of his, the action on there is reasonably subdued though yes...

i have the ep somewhere as well if you want it. In this time of festive tradition i am visiting various family members and hence, simultaneously, large boxes of cds and cassettes that i left behind. So that may well be a possibility in the coming weeks.

Thanks,
thomas

________________________________
From: Roger Carruthers <roger.carruthers@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 22 December, 2008 13:39:34
Subject: Re: [peel] Cowcube at Christmas

Hi Thomas,
  I wasn’t  censuring your posting this, for exactly the reasons you state; far from it, I really appreciate it. I’ve also followed the same wild goose chase trying to locate somewhere to buy his work.
I think he really is, as Peely said, ‘a furtive sort of a chap’. I notice his album is up on Last.fm, but you can’t actually listen to it until you’ve created a playlist with 14 artists on it, or somesuch stupidity...
 I know I did have a recording of john reading out Cowcube’s address, but now I need it, I can’t find it. Your post cleverly alerted me to an idea fro an xmas present – someone I know who loves exactly this brand of electro-silliness. Did you try mailing him via his Myspace page? I’ve just sent a message, but it doesn’t exactly look like a very active page...
Festive greets,
Roger