[OT] [Altrok] Update #217: Support Your Local Web Station!

hubcity@... hubcity@...
Mon Dec 8 13:43:41 CET 2008

Firstly, the important stuff:

Altrok Radio is at http://www.altrokradio.com

Please remember to tune in whenever you can - every hour you listen turns into more visibility for the station; we show up higher in search listings, and such like that. And if you'd like to help us keep the stream running, check out the advertisers if they appeal to you; your interest actually helps fund us.

And in the interest of keeping you interested...we've got songs to let you know about.

This week, our Grinders (the stuff we play heavily) include music from:

 - The Years
 - The Sea And Cake
 - Parts And Labor
 - The Situationists
 - Friendly Fires
 - Franz Ferdinand

Plus we've got newly-added music:

 - The Black Ghosts - Full Moon
 - Captain - Safe Harbour
 - Disasteradio - Awesome Feelings
 - Sarah Donner - Spreadsheet
 - Dr Dog - The Ark
 - Flashguns - Bells At Midnight
 - Foals - Electric Bloom
 - Kaiser Chiefs - Good Days Bad Days
 - King Khan And The Shrines - Outta Harm's Way
 - Prodigy - Invaders Must Die
 - Razorlight - Hostage Of Love
 - Santogold - Say Aha
 - Soldout - The Call
 - Titus Andronicus - Titus Andronicus
 - TV On The Radio - Golden Age
 - White Lies - To Lose My Life

Our Newly-Added Classics:

 - Age Of Chance - Don't Get Mad...Get Even!
 - Boxcar - This Is The Town
 - The Colour Field - Pushing Up The Daisies
 - P.J. Harvey - Down By The Water
 - Heaven 17 - Are Everything
 - Jakko - Straining Our Eyes
 - The Ramones - I Just Want To Have Something To Do
 - The Teardrop Explodes - Passionate Friend
 - Tones On Tail - Go!
 - Wire - Ex Lion Tamer

And don't forget the R/SYN Underground night, every Saturday at the Corner Tavern in New Brunswick, where Drew and IronMike keep you dancing with the most advanced playlist this side of the Atlantic (and where, occasionally, yours truly might show up and spin a coupla tracks...ya never know.)

- Sean Carolan
  Altrok Radio
  On your computer now at http://www.altrokradio.com
  On the radio Fridays at 10pm, at 90.5 The Night