Did Peel ever play Tom Waits?

lorcan58 lorcan58@...
Mon Dec 1 23:53:27 CET 2008

Thanks for that Steve - a very pacey programme. Sometimes I become
accustomed to the older slightly bumbling Peel and it's a pleasant
surprise to be reminded how young and energetic he sounded back then.

And maybe it's the shorter programme too - I always felt his World
Service programmes felt fast-paced because of their brevity. Less
opportunity to put on an endless dance track too I suppose.

Lorcan

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "saipanda" <saipanda@...> wrote:

> Was sure Peel had played Waits on the show on Dutch VPRO radio from
29 January 1986, but
> seems like the memory is playing tricks. (JP did slag him down a
lot during it, though).

> Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LAY9W424
> Tracklisting: http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/29_January_1986_%28VPRO%29
>
> Think this one was available at one stage via Dubster's now defunct
and much-missed site.
> The tribute stream from the Dutch station that it was part of
originally seems to be suffering