Even MORE new shows from the 400 Box

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Sat Aug 30 23:19:23 CEST 2008

Thanks muchly, RobF !

If I ever had a tape with a broken or missing felt pad (on a copper
strip), I would unscrew (or carefully crack open) the shell/case
and re-house the mag tape in a new cassette case.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, RobF <robfleay@...> wrote:

> The final two shows from my initial batch of 10 tapes are now
uploaded to my Mediafire folder. (including the first show of the
batch with a record played at the wrong speed!)

> http://tinyurl.com/6zog77
>
> There is nearly all of 11 June 1979 show, but sadly he seems to
have taped over the first section with the end of the 12 June 1979
show, so it may remain incomplete

> http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/11_June_1979
> Undertones 3rd session (repeat)
>
> http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/12_June_1979
> Buzzcocks 4th Session (one track)
> Steve Elgin & The Flatbackers 1st session (one track)
>
> This tape was the troublesome sticky C120 which I eventually got
working thanks to the tips from Rocker. The felt pad on the underside
of the tape was missing too so that didn't help but generally the
sound is not bad with a few drop outs here and there.

> > The wiki pages for the relevant shows are updated - although I
haevn't added the links to each page yet as I ran out of time, so for
now ALL the shows I've ripped and uploaded are in my Mediafire folder

> > http://tinyurl.com/6zog77
> >
> > The newly uploaded shows are as follows:
> >
> > 1979-03-07 John Peel Radio 1 (incomplete).mp3
> > Penetration 2nd Session. The Cure 1st Session
> > http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/07_March_1979
> >
> > 1979-04-16 John Peel Radio 1 Part 1+2 (incomplete).mp3
> > Generation X 3rd Session. Siouxisie & The Banshees 3rd session
(LONGER THAN THE VERSION UPLOADED PREVIOUSLY)