suggestion

cannon alan ajcauk@...
Sat Aug 30 03:52:26 CEST 2008

Hi all
 Are there any plans to put some of these old JP recordings on the Dandelion Radio monthly loop? If not might i suggest you do.
 I say this because one thing that seems to work with some kind of reliability is the Dandelion Radio stream and it would be great to hear some of these recordings.
 I say that because a thousand and one things that don't seem to work are these download/torrent files whatever you want to call them. I call them something else.
They never work. I don't even bother to try anymore. I refuse to accept that it is a failure on my part any more. Five years ago i would click on something that said download such and such and it would do it or maybe not and file it somewhere where i could find it or maybe not. One year ago if you filled the form in quintuplicate and clicked the eventuallate button something would happen but it would be difficult to say what and then a week later you come across something a bit like what you was after but not necessarily. Now you are confronted with something that looks like a cross between a sound desk and the cockpit controls of a jumbo jet and none of buttons do much besides send you to an iTunes registration page. The hyperbole is fully intentionalised.
 I am of reasonable intelligence to the extent of attaining a worthless Physics degree but I take the part of someone of who has just to learnt read and use a PC . To all computer programmers spammers viromaniacs everywhere cloth-eared and tunnel-visioned as you are, i apPeel to you can we apply some common sense and start serving someone other than yourselves.
The Large Hadron Collider goes on line next month and the only immediate knock-on application promised so far is an intergrid a 1000(1024) times better/faster. The weight of the Higgs Boson will take a while but the tower of Babel could be with us by Xmas.

alanjc