2000 Festive Fifty Special (in part)

Steve so_it_goes_2512@...
Fri Aug 29 03:40:21 CEST 2008

Fellow Peelites

The following file was liberated by me from Bit Torrent: at last
viewing, the link appears to be dead, so in case you don't have this
show, and to prevent it vanishing for good, here is the show described
on the file as 'John Peel Xmas Secial (sic) 2000'. I was hoping for
the 21 December 2000 show, with Cinerama, Murry The Hump and Herman
Dune performing festive tunes: what I got instead was half of the 27
Dec 2000 FF show (already available on Gary's wonderful 30242 server)
and this file, which is a fairly good quality but horribly edited
version of the 19 Dec '25 Years Of The Festive Fifty' special. It is
valuable for the session tracks by Billy Bragg, David Gedge, Hefner
and Gary Numan, but if anybody has the complete show, please upload it
and I will remove this.

http://www.divshare.com/download/5265833-31f

Tracklisting:

Dick Dale, 'Nitro'
Billy Bragg, 'Brickbat'
Billy Bragg, 'Way Over Yonder In The Minor Key'
Hefner, 'Hymn For The Alcohol'
Joy Division, 'Atmosphere'
Barmy Army, 'Sharp As A Needle'
David Gedge, 'Swimming Pools Movie Stars'
Chumbawamba, 'Revolution'
Gary Numan, 'Are Friends Electric?'
Overlord X, '14 Days In May'
Mighty Wah, 'Come Back'
Mansun, 'Shot By Both Sides' (just about makes it past the first verse)

A big thank you, by the way, to Rocker, Ken, John and all the others
who have uploaded shows in recent weeks.

Best wishes
Steve [Teenage Kicks]